Hydro-Dipping Enamel Paints (NON-FIRED PAINTS)
Glazed is introducing a BRAND NEW painting technique! Learn how to create this beautiful marbled technique on pottery from the comfort of your own home!
What is Hydro-Dipping? It is a painting technique where enamel paint is dripped onto the surface of water and swirled to create a marbled pattern. To create the marbled effect on your pottery you simply dip in into the water. When you pull your pottery back out it will be painted in a beautiful organic design. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
How it works:
1. Choose your colors of enamel paint (as many as you would like). Each bottle of enamel paint costs $6 and holds 15mL. One bottle is good for multiple uses. You can create beautiful organic patterns by using multiple colors however.
2. Choose a piece of pottery from our inventory and add it to your cart. This paint is not food safe so we do not recommend pairing it with any mugs, plates, bowls etc. We recommend decorative items like figurines, boxes, and planters (as long as they are sealed with a waterproof sealant.)
3. Our staff will package your kit to go including all of the other supplies you will be needing. (A plastic bucket for dipping, a clear sealant, a paint brush to apply the sealant, gloves, and link to our YouTube tutorial video).
4. Once your order has been packed up you will receive an email with instructions on how to pick it up. (You can also have your kit shipped anywhere in the contiguous US).
THESE PAINTS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER PAINTS. THEY CANNOT BE KILN FIRED AND ARE NOT FOOD SAFE. THIS LISTING IS FOR THE ENAMEL PAINT ONLY. YOU MUST SELECT YOUR POTTERY FROM OUR INVENTORY AND ADD IT TO YOUR CART.
Tips & Features:
- For best results, use with room-temperature water
- If you have hard water, try using distilled instead of tap water
- Shake Well before using
- The paints’ “open” time is about a minute, so work fast
- Touch-dry after 15 minutes; fully cured in 24 hours
- Easy Marble is not food-safe or washable. However, it can be coated with your choice of paint sealer.